Category Archives: Uncategorized
Hero’s Journey-Top 10 Monomyths that Inspire to Read More Classics or Relish in the Hero’s moments of fortune as well as misfortune and overcoming adversary!
- Harry from Harry Potter Series by Rowling
- Sophie from Keeper of the Lost Cities by Messenger
- Frodo from Lord of the Rings by Tolkien
- Katniss from The Hunger Games Series by Collins
- Hawkeye from Last of the Mohicans by Cooper
- Will from Ranger’s Apprentice Series by Flannagan
- Mathias from Redwall Series by Jacques
- Yelena from Poison Study by Snyder
- Thomas from Mazerunner by Dashner
- Bilbo from The Hobbit by Tolkien
- Austen’s Pride and Prejudice-Elizabeth or “Lizzie” Bennet
- Hardy’s Under the Greenwood Tree- Fancy Day
- Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet-Romeo Montague
- Thackeray’s Vanity Fair- Becky Sharp
- Cooper’s Last of the Mohicans-Hawkeye
- Christie’s Death on the Nile-Jacqueline de Bellefort
- Dumas’ The Count of Monte Cristo-Edmond Dantes or “Monte Cristo”
- Austen’s Persuasion- Anne Elliot
- Christie’s Murder on the Orient Express-the group as a whole
- Austen’s Northanger Abbey- Isabella and James
(Because, who doesn’t like the master of disguise)
(Because we all want love in some form or fashion and do not want anyone to stand in our way)
(Because we all have something worth fighting for)
(Because we all have the ability to be vile and presumptuous and seemingly unaware if we want to actually admit it to ourselves)
(Because wow, there is power in numbers)
(Because sometimes the side story romance is better than the main one and well, Miss Austen, I wish now I could ask to have it written for me.)
Advice! Advice should be given in the right way, right moment. So many lack the ability to give advice in the right context. Remember, it is sometimes (but not always) better to stay quiet when the moment isn’t right.
Just finished reading a book about a book character an author created that shares their unending advice with all and often, when really isn’t the time. A job well done on the creation of her and we all can see the face of someone this character fits.
“…and neither the angels in heaven above nor the demons down under the sea could ever dissever my soul from the soul of the beautiful Annabel Lee…
This is her favorite quote from it.