FAQ From the Author
SEVEN THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT ME by Cyndi Goodgame
1. I lived in Dallas, Texas for 23 years, then I moved to Mississippi with my husband and daughter so we could escape the wicked city life. And because we assumed the cost of living would be cheaper (we did the research). Just so you know, it all evens out in the end when you own a home.
2. I don’t like cake. I detest cookies other than the homemade.
3. My favorite word is “wicked.” You can use it for so many reasons, in so many ways.
4. I am bad about taking a person (anywhere, anytime) and making up their entire life story in my head. By the time I drive away, walk away, stare too long, I’ve got a dramatized version of which side of the food chain they live on and what supernatural being they’ve evolved into.
5. The three things I could describe myself as are sensitive (too sensitive), shy, and a serious day-dreamer.
6. I wrote my first story (when I decided writing was awesome and started collecting my stories for my novel one day- not really) in second grade in Mrs. Winner’s class. My three best friends and I walked around on Halloween somehow ending up at a haunted house where we all ran out screaming before any substantial hauntings could begin.
7. I got married in 2001 in a castle in downtown Dallas called The Red Courthouse. To me it’s a castle and I was Cinderella without the shoe loss. My grandmother, who is still alive, married in that same castle in 1944 to my grandfather after making a mad dash from Fort Hood to the downtown courthouse wedding of their dreams. We both had our dreams come true. They say reality isn’t like the fairy tale, but I say that we chose to make the fairy tale how we like, just tailored to a more modern size. My fairy tales come true daily with our without a book to seize it from originally. (Gasp! Living without books—not a story I want to imagine.)
8. I have actually sat in the graveyard to write before. It was creepy, so I left.
Where did I get my ideas for books?
I have always been obsessed with fairy tales and such. The Fey, vampires, werewolves, etc. all live in my head waiting to form a new story every day.
How often do I write?
I spend most days writing an average of two hours, give or take. I read as much as I write.
What do you do when your not writing?
I teach 6th grade Reading by day, and write by night. I spend as much time reading, gardening, watching movies, and listening to music with my husband and daughter.
Where can a reader buy my books?
Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Smashwords
Are my characters based on real people?
Yes…and no. I think as a writer we all base characters in people we know and those we know from a distance. Yes, my characters are based on personalities of those I know because it helps to stay focused on making the character develop. No, my characters are not directly mimicked after any one person.
Where can a person find me on the web other than here?
Email me: http://email@example.com